Friday, August 16, 2013

Our Playroom

 
Since Austin was no longer using his room, I took it over.  The plan was to turn it into a playroom for me and Carli.  So Joe and I packed up the remainder of Austin's things and I got busy. 


All summer, I painted and painted and painted!  It took FOREVER to cover up the bold blue stripe I had painted around his room when he was playing football.  (Note to self:  never paint a stripe again!)  Three coats of white primer later, I was ready to put on the pink coat of paint on the walls.  I quickly decided that I didn't want to put that dark color in the bathroom.  So since Carli loves polka dots as much as her mother, I used my Cricut to cut pink circles out of vinyl and Joe and I put them all over.  A quirky black mirror from Ikea completed the look.


 
 
Then I bought two bookshelves to divide the two work spaces.  Instead of using the cheap cardboard that came with it, I got some thin plywood from Lowes and...yep...painted it.  The result was terrific.

 
Then we were ready for the "big reveal".  Carli was in school each time I worked on the room so she really didn't know anything.  She knew Mommy was painting it and that I moved all my craft stuff down there, but she thought it was my room.  She was in for a big surprise.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors